Scopes of Bio-technology
Is the scopes of biotechnology search a long stretch? Is Career search a long stretch?
It requires effort, patience, research, time, and whatnot. Ultimately, after everything, we obviously want something which can hang out in the deep end.
If we elaborate, bio tech forms a range of on-demand and accessible content, technology, and research. From basic to advance it has proved how far it came in the world of technology. However, we say that it is a mixture of chemical engineering, biochemistry, and microbiology. Be it a fermentation process, be it yeast uses Students who face puzzles about scopes of biotechnology deserve supportive guidelines. There are various field of Bio-technology such as animal biotechnology, food biotechnology, industrial bio technology, medical biotechnology, plant bio-technology etc. I pledged to provide them a path towards their ambitions. I am extremely keen to share with students about the diversification of bio technology. So dive into the article, with paper and pen.
Just like tripod stand, Biotechnology has 3 strands
- AGRICULTURE & ALLIED
Let’s see in detail all these three types of biotechnology and their scopes in biotechnology.
Agriculture & Allied Sector Scopes of Biotechnology
It’s not wrong if we say, due to the vast line of medicine, somehow, veterinary medicine is less and rarely recognize. There are many scopes of biotechnology in agriculture and allied sector. There are many animals in the world and in India as well. Therefore, many health problems are also there and it is very necessary to provide them good facilities such as vaccines, regular check-ups, etc. According to my opinion, biotechnology in agriculture is the best field for a profession just after BSc in biotechnology.
However, transgenic animals’ production is a very challenging and tedious procedure requiring embryo cells, to make them enter inside a pseudopregnant female. Make sense, if we say traditional breeding and genetic technology are parallel with each other.
- Proteins in milk are because of genetically engineered animals.
- But, scopes of biotechnology is far bigger and widely broad in health and industries.
- The use of tissue culture for specific genotypes is the main purpose of Plant Biotechnology. Tissue culture are the best scopes of biotechnology.
- Although, there are no other options to produce more plants except tissue-related micro-propagation. As it is the safest way to protect plants from bacteria and viruses.
- Experiments like the cloning of the gene, formation of herbicides, pest prevent cereal plants are some of the best examples of genetic technology as they turn really well.
- If we introduce foreign genes to plants then electroporation is a bit risky because it is highly toxic. So, we can use a vector-based gene delivery system.
Industrial Sector Scopes of Biotechnology
The fermentation process is very well known and ethanol became very famous right after this experiment. It helped in making various food items such as bread in bakeries, idlis, dhoklas, dosa, etc. There are many scopes of biotechnology in the industrial sector.
For the formation of economic conversions of woody materials and for other by-products, enzymatic processes are in demand. While Microbes help in mineral extension. In the variety of chemical reactions, to make catalysts work, many antibodies are present.
Health Sector Scopes of Biotechnology
Health is the main stand for the Biotechnology scope. As we know, there are many scopes of biotechnology in the health sector.
Formation of Vaccines
Many infections surround humans and are responsible for their death. To reduce the formation of viral and bacterial diseases, “immunization” is very effective. The remarkable invention of vaccines saved many lives from smallpox, Swine Flu, etc.
- There are numerous benefits of synthetic vaccines in comparison to conventional vaccines in biotechnology companies.
- If we talk about malaria and dengue. Then, the use of conventional vaccines is next to impossible because it leads to diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis, etc.
DNA probes for disease diagnosis
- In the year 1989, the “molecule of the year” was DNA. After that its existence was noticed by scientists.
- To make copies of billions and trillions of DNA samples, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) is used to some extent.
- But, the major use of PCR is during the diagnosis of certain diseases.
- If scientists are finding it difficult to find specific problems or to identify the cause then DNA Probes are highly recommended.
Along with heavy and radioactive atoms, certain monoclonal antibodies are attached.
On typing of pathogens mostly, the diagnosis of diseases relies. Monoclonal antibodies changed immunodiagnostics completely, in a positive way.
Also Read, How to face interview