A healthy glow on the face is not just attractive but also reflects our healthy lifestyle. Amid our hectic schedule, it’s necessary that we make informed food choices so as not to be prone to pimples, acne, blemishes, dryness, oiliness, etc. Here we bring 10 easily available and effective Healthy Food for Face Glow that will leave your skin healthy and beautiful:
A tomato is 95% water and a rich source of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate.
It also contains the antioxidant lycopene which has many health benefits.
Besides using it as a food ingredient to enhance your glow, it can be made a part of your skincare routine too.
- Tomatoes give you soft, clear, and healthy skin.
- They reduce the presence of blackheads and whiteheads.
- They also tighten your pores.
All you need to do is cut a tomato in half and rub all over your skin.
Let your skin absorb its juice. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off.
There you are! Do it 3-4 times a week to get rid of skin problems.
2. GREEN TEA.
Green tea is packed with numerous antioxidants and polyphenols.
Traditionally, it had been used to treat many ailments like cancer.
Green tea has great healing power and can be used to rejuvenate your skin.
- It can be used as a cleanser, toner, mask, or even steam facial.
- It is helpful in treating acne and oily skin.
- Drinking or applying it handles the aging process.
- It is helpful for clogged pores.
Take 1 tbs of green tea powder, add water to make it into a mask-like consistency.
Apply it on your face and neck. Leave for 10 minutes.
Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Simple and effective!
Oranges are rich in citric acid and vitamin C. They make your skin look young and fresh.
Apart from drinking orange juice, you can also apply it on the face.
Home remedies can be made using orange peel which is used to lighten and whiten the skin and improves its texture.
- It exfoliates your skin thoroughly.
- It dries out acne.
- Oranges are also delayed skin aging.
Simply peel an orange, squeeze it to take its juice out, and rub on your face to clean the clogged pores.
Leave on for 5 minutes and wash off.
You can also mix orange peel powder with rose water to make a face mask.
Leave on for 15 minutes.
Wash with lukewarm water.
4. DARK CHOCOLATE.
Extracted from the cocoa-tree, it is loaded with many antioxidants and minerals.
It protects against sun damage, improves blood flow to your skin resulting in a healthy glow.
Dark chocolate keeps your skin smooth and supple.
- It detoxifies your skin and removes dead skin cells.
- Help to reduce dark spots and pigmentation.
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
Replace a cup of your tea or coffee with dark chocolate to get a moisturized and glowing skin or melt 1/4th of a cup of dark chocolate. Add a few drops of milk or honey.
Apply it on your face. Keep it for quarter-hour and wash it off.
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C and E, folate, and magnesium.
It contains an active enzyme called papain, good for exfoliation and hydration of the skin.
- Papaya treats acne by removing dead skin cells.
- It is effective in reducing wrinkles.
- Help to improves your complexion.
Apart from eating, add half a cup of mashed papaya and add 2 tbs of yogurt. Mix it well.
Apply the mixture well on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off to attain that beautiful glow!
Packed with essential vitamins like A, C, and E, pumpkin is a great Healthy Food for Face Glow.
It has many antioxidants that fight against skin ailments.
It boosts collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- The enzymes in it make your skin bright and smooth.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is helpful to treat acne.
- It treats dull complexion and makes skin glow.
Besides using it as a food ingredient, it can be applied to the skin. Take 2 tbs cooked pumpkin and 1 tbs honey. Mix them well and apply on your face. Leave for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. Unleash healthy, glowing skin!
Beetroot is high in vitamin C, folate, fiber, and potassium. It is considered good for skin as it improves the overall texture of the skin. Beetroot has anti-inflammatory properties which make it an ideal choice for acne-prone skin.
- It protects the skin from aging and reduces the chances of wrinkles.
- It is an ideal cure for pimples and acne.
- Help to decreases melanin production and treats pigmentation.
- It prevents dry skin and moisturizes it.
Intake of beetroot improves blood flow to our skin. Besides that,
you can extract the beetroot juice and add a tbs of honey.
Mix them well.
Apply it generously on your face.
Leave it on for quarter-hour and wash it off.
You’ll feel your skin glowing!
When life gives you lemons, use them to enhance your skin glow. Yes! A lemon does wonders for your skin. Loaded with high amounts of vitamin C, citric acid, and calcium, it has amazing detoxifying properties.
- It also has astringent qualities which makes it a good ingredient to treat acne-prone skin.
- Help to Increases collagen production.
- It reduces skin damage and premature aging.
- Decreases the oiliness of the skin.
It reduces dark spots, acne scars, and lightens the skin.
Take 1 tbs of lemon juice and honey with a tbs of milk powder.
Mix them well.
Apply this mixture on your face.
Leave for 15 minutes.
Wash it off with cold water.
Repeat this 3-4 times to get healthy glowing skin.
Potatoes are nutritious, naturally fat, and cholesterol-free which is why they are great for your skin.
- They have an enzyme called “catecholase” which brightens your skin.
- They help to get rid of dark spots.
- It is an anti-aging and gently exfoliate your skin.
- They are helpful in treating puffy eyes and dark circles.
Simply take 2 tbs of potato juice, apply it on your face using your fingertips.
Leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash off thoroughly.
Healthy glowing skin awaits you!
10. GINGER | HEALTHY FOOD FOR GLOWING FACE
Ginger is packed with more than 40 antioxidants known to fight to age.
It promotes blood circulation which makes your skin healthy.
It is also useful against acne breakouts.
- Applying ginger on the skin reduces the appearance of dark spots.
- It rejuvenates your skin making it bright.
- Help to enhances your skin tone and whitens it.
- It is also beneficial for improving skin elasticity.
Extract the ginger juice, add few drops of honey and lemon juice.
Mix them well and apply it on your face.
Let it dry, keep on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off.
Unveil glowing skin!
So those were the wonderful healthy food for face glow which can do wonders to your skin adding more glow to it,
the glow you desire! Try those home remedies and get ready to gather the compliments.
Just EAT it! – Eat, Apply, Treat.